Super Jelly – 280ml plastic cups made 8
Ingredients – for the jelly:
- 3 x 85g pkg of jelly (in colours to suit your theme)
- 3 cups of boiling water (one for each colour)
- 3 teaspoons of powdered gelatine (one for each colour)
- 8 containers for layering jelly (clear plastic cups would work)
To make jelly:
- Mix first package of flavoured jelly with one teaspoon of gelatine
- Add one cup of boiling water and stir to dissolve.
- Cool to room temperature before pouring. (But don’t wait too long or it will set.)
Ingredients – for the yoghurt jelly:
- 1 cup (250ml) thickened cream
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2½ teaspoons powdered gelatine
- 1 cup (250g) Greek style natural yoghurt
To make the yoghurt jelly:
- Place cream, sugar and vanilla extract into a small pan over a medium heat. Stir until sugar has dissolved and gently bring to boil, remove from heat.
- Sprinkle over gelatine and whisk until dissolved. Add yoghurt, whisk until smooth. Strain mixture through a sieve, set aside to cool.
- Divide first jelly amongst cups evenly. Refrigerate until set. (about 15-20 minutes)
- Prepare yoghurt jelly.
- Cool to room temperature. Pour 1/2 of the mixture evenly over cups. (Leave balance on counter so it doesn’t set!)
- Refrigerate cups for another 15-20 minutes.
- Repeat the jelly and yoghurt layering steps with the other two flavours until desired design is reached.
- Dairy Free? leave out the yoghurt layer.
Make this for a Superhero Party theme