Prep time: 10
These are so easy to prepare especially when you grab a bag of pre-chopped coleslaw mix from the supermarket.
We love these for breakfast or lunch and they’re delicious when partnered with bacon, avocado and home-made mayonnaise. Mingle all-purpose seasoning is available online and at supermarkets and adds a delicious element to these fritters but it’s not essential if you don’t have any, just add a little more salt/pepper.
- 200g grated cabbage/carrot (or Macro organic coleslaw mix works perfectly!)
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup tasty cheese, grated
- 1/2 tblsp Mingle all purpose seasoning
- 3 tblsp almond meal flour
- Pinch salt/pepper
- Shortening of preference for frying – butter, coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil, ghee, lard
- Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and combine well.
- Heat frypan with preferred shortening and spoon rounds into pan.
- Cook until browned and firm on one side then flip and continue to cook other side until golden brown.
- Remove from heat and serve.
After experiencing health problems three years ago, Linda changed to a low-sugar real food diet and was amazed at the results. Over a six month period, she easily lost 15kg of stubborn weight that she’d struggled with for decades, her energy levels improved to an all-time high and her mental clarity returned in abundance. Her husband joined her on this mission and also lost 20kg easily in 6 months and felt fantastic. One of the keys to their success was not feeling deprived of their favourite foods, especially cupcakes and porridge.
Linda launched her business “Simply Swap Foods” in November 2020 to help others on their journey to a healthier way of life. She loves sharing her recipes, story and knowledge about the benefits of reducing sugar and just eating real food. All Linda has done – with time and research – is ‘simply swapped’ some foods in her diet and she hopes to show others just how easy it can be and how fantastic you can feel. You really can indulge yourself and feel great too!
Check out the full product range at www.simplyswapfoods.com.au and follow Linda on her Facebook and Instagram pages for regular recipes and information. And don’t forget to download your free recipe eBook containing 16 favourite sugar-free/low-carb recipes.