Pregnancy and birth are exciting and challenging events for a family. At Peninsula Private Hospital, we understand this and deliver a maternity experience like no other.
Our outstanding reputation as one of the finest private hospitals in the Frankston and Mornington Peninsula area is based on our first-class care and service delivered in a comfortable, contemporary boutique environment. You can rest assured Peninsula Private has everything you need to ensure the safe, happy and healthy arrival of your little one.
Our multidisciplinary team of experienced Obstetricians, Midwives, nursing staff and allied health professionals work together to ensure a supportive and personalised experience – before, during and after pregnancy.
Download our information pack to learn everything you need to know about maternity care at Peninsula Private Hospital.
It’s the little luxuries that matter.
You and your baby deserve the best. All of our facilities, from birthing suites to the Special Care Nursery, are designed to ensure you feel safe, nurtured and cared for throughout your pregnancy and birth experience. You’ll have access to:
- A guaranteed private room, with your own ensuite & tranquil garden outlook, in-room Foxtel TV and Wi-Fi, mini refrigerators, plus access to the courtyard
- 3 well equipped birthing suites that provide a safe and relaxed environment during labour and birth. They include large multi-functional birthing beds, large private ensuites with shower, access to a deep bath and a range of therapeutic comfort tools.
- A level 2 Special Care Nursery which provides specialised care for the needs of babies born early or those who are unwell and require extra care and support.
- Onsite specialist obstetrician consulting rooms
- Your choice in one of our top Obstetricians including a choice between specialist Obstetrician or GP Obstetrician (male/female) led maternity care
- Around the clock support from an experienced and friendly midwifery team including support during pregnancy, birth and postnatal
- Partners can stay overnight for no added cost
- Rest and recover for up to 4 or 5 nights before going home with your baby
- Comprehensive antenatal, childbirth & parenting classes
- Breast and infant feeding support
- Post-natal physiotherapy
- Self-funded packages for those without private health insurance
Should a higher level of care become necessary, our maternity unit is supported by:
- 24/7 access to 8 state of the art operating theatres
- On-call Obstetric, Anaesthetics & Paediatric cover
- Level 2 Special Care Nursery
- Onsite Pathology & Radiology Services
- On site medical doctor 24/7
Adult Intensive Care Unit
The Know My Midwife program
At Peninsula Private Hospital, we understand women want to feel empowered, informed, supported and reassured throughout their pregnancy and birth journey. We want to provide mums-to-be every opportunity to get to know us, as we get to know you.
The Know My Midwife program gives women the very best in Midwifery Continuity-of-Care through the coordination of regular antenatal appointments, care in labour and birth and postnatal care with our highly experienced Midwifes and Obstetricians. Our program gives you the opportunity to form meaningful and trusted relationships with those who will be with you on your path to childbirth.
In partnership with your Obstetrician, who will provide specialist pregnancy & birth related care, your Midwife will also care for your holistic health needs – physical, emotional, social, spiritual and cultural, and the needs of your baby.
The Know My Midwife program includes:
- Minimum 4 x antenatal appointments at Peninsula Private Hospital with your dedicated Midwife. These will be scheduled at regular intervals throughout your pregnancy, in addition to your Obstetrician appointments.
- Minimum 2 x post-natal appointment at Peninsula Private Hospital with your a midwife – so we can check in with you and your little one.
- All our usual maternity services are still included, such as antenatal classes, breastfeeding advice, and parenting education & support.
Click here to learn more or to enquire about the Know My Midwife program.
At Peninsula Private, you can choose from the region’s most sought-after Obstetricians and Gynaecologists. If you have specialised needs, such as multiple births or infertility, we have experts who are trained to assist you.
Our team is strong, working together to provide consistent care you can count on.
- Dr Melwyn D’Mello – 03 9789 1766
- Dr Natalie Elphinstone – 03 9070 6166
- Dr Brian Fox (GP) – tel:03 9783 9288
- Dr David Luiz – tel:03 9785 6816
- Dr Jenny Picking (GP) – tel:03 9783 9288
- Dr Deepti Rampal – tel:03 9775 8025
Peninsula Private Hospital
Peninsula Private Hospital is a fully accredited obstetric and medical and surgical hospital offering world class services moments from home.
Our unit is a boutique 14 beds, located in a hospital of 342. Eight operating theatres, an intensive care unit, a 24-hour on call paediatric roster and after-hours anaesthetic cover are all part of our service.
Learn more about our hospital.