Recipe by Susie Burrell
- 4 tbsp butter
- ⅓ cup Mayver’s Skin On Peanut Butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp bicarb soda
- 2 cups plain flour, sifted
- Place butter and peanut butter in a medium mixing bowl. Mix well with an electric beater until light and fluffy. Add sugar, egg and vanilla and pulse until well combined.
- Stir in spices and flours. Place in the fridge for 1 hour to rest.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C (fan forced) and line three baking trays with baking paper.
- Use a lightly floured rolling pin to roll out dough on a large sheet of baking paper until 4-5mm thick. Cut out gingerbread men with your desired cutter and place onto lined baking trays. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden.
RECIPE TIP: If you’re looking for an alternative to brown sugar, try honey or rice malt syrup.
Mayver’s is an Australian family owned natural spread company. All Mayver’s natural spreads are vegan and contain absolutely no added oil, sugar, gluten, dairy, cholesterol or hardened fats and are nothing but goodness for your family.
Mayver’s products are available at Woolworths, Coles and independent retailers Australia-wide. For more information or recipe inspiration visit mayvers.com.au
Susie Burrell is a qualified dietitian with a masters in coaching psychology.