A perfect accompaniment to serve with roast lamb or beef, this is a nice twist to the usual roast vegetables, and it’s one of my favourites for a substantial quick and tasty lunch!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minute
Total time: 25 minutes
- ½ butternut pumpkin
- 1–2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 200 g baby spinach leaves
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 200 g feta
- 1 handful pine nuts or sunflower kernels, toasted
- ½ tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 2 tablespoons white condiment (white balsamic vinegar)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Chop pumpkin into 2 cm squares, coat with olive oil and lay on a baking tray. Sprinkle with cumin and cook for 20 mins.
- To make dressing, shake ingredients in a jar until combined. Taste and adjust to your liking.
- Place spinach, red onion and roast pumpkin in a salad bowl or on individual plates, and crumble feta over the top.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss. Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts or sunflower kernels.
If you have leftover roast pumpkin from a roast earlier in the week, you can whip this salad up in less than 10 minutes.
Jodie Blight | We’re all busy and want quick, healthy and delicious meals but sometimes just don’t have the time. Summer TABLE will inspire you to put variety and zest back into your mealtimes and with a free APP to create a shopping list on your phone, dinner will be ready in no time! And – you learn how to use leftovers in innovative new ways.
After years working as a company director in the finance industry, starting a family and moving half way around the world, Jodie Blight discovered her passion – creating healthy, easy and delicious family meals. “A fist pump from the kids is as good as a Michelin
star in my books.”