No trick, all treat with Mayver’s spooky Halloween recipes
With more Australians embracing Halloween every year, Mayver’s has put together its spookiest recipes that are not only fun to make, but are sure to be a crowd-pleaser!
Batty Bliss Balls
Time: 45 minutes | Serves: 4-6
Dairy Free / Vegetarian
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup LSA
- ¼ cup mixed nuts (e.g almonds, walnuts, cashews)
- 3 medjool dates, pitted
- ½ cup Mayver’s Dark Roasted Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup water
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- ½ tbsp cacao powder
- Candy eyes
- Small handful sunflower seeds
- 6 squares dark chocolate (needs to be thin shards of chocolate e.g. 85% dark Lindt)
- Combine all ingredients, except water, in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Slowly add small amounts of water to the mixture, processing after each addition, until the mixture holds together when shaped into a ball (you may not need to use all the water).
- Roll teaspoon amounts of mixture into balls. Combine desiccated coconut and extra cacao on small plate and roll half of the balls in this.
- Use a sharp knife to cut chocolate into wing-like shards and insert into balls to create bat wings.
- Decorate with candy eyes and sunflower seeds as fangs. Store in container in fridge.
This recipe was provided by @nataliemewing
Mayver’s products are available at Woolworths, Coles and independent retailers Australia-wide. For more information or recipe inspiration visit mayvers.com.au