The Fred Smith Reserve in Marine Parade is home to a great playground. After being greeted by a large rubber crab as you enter from the car park, there are a number of different areas to explore. My children ran straight for the low lying items — the speed boat on rocker, springers, swings, and see-saw. The platforms all have different features, both in the climb and at the top, including slides, small rock climbing wall, rope wall, tic-tac-toe, music making equipment, steering wheel, fireman’s pole, swing rings.
Another set of stairs takes you up to the stern of a large wooden ship overlooking the massive grassed area and the foreshore of Western Port Bay.
Featuring a liberty swing and ramped area, there are also adjoining tables, BBQs, grassed area and toilets.
Our favourite feature – we loved the family sized see-saw!
Other Hastings Playgrounds:
- Babington Park, Thornhill Street
- Hastings Foreshore Reserve, Marine Parade
- Rotary Park, Kurrajong Street
- Tara Drive Reserve, Tara Drive
- Villawood Drive Reserve, Villawood Drive
- West Park Reserve, Kimbla Court
- Westernport Lions Club Park, Gaskin Avenue