Makes 16-20 balls
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 10-30 minutes (depending on cooking method)
Who doesn’t love chicken kievs? These are a great mini option perfect for finger or party food.
- 120g unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 8 sprigs of parsley
- Salt to taste
- 3 slices day old bread, I like to use Turkish bread for a really nice crunch (if needed Gluten free bread works well)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp dried garlic powder, optional
- 600g chicken breast of thigh, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper, a pinch of each
- Place garlic and parsley into a food processor. Process on high for a few seconds.
- Scrape down sides.
- Add cubed butter and salt. Process on high for 15 seconds until well combined.
- Place on baking paper and roll into 16-20 small balls about the size of a marble.
- Place into fridge to harden.
- Any remaining butter can be frozen.
- No need to clean the food processor from the butter.
- Place all breadcrumb ingredients and process on high until a coarse crumb consistency is achieved.
- Any leftover unused breadcrumbs (that haven’t touched chicken) can be frozen.
- No need to clean bowl after crumbs.
- Place chicken and seasonings into processor.
- Process on high until minced. This will only take a few seconds.
- Shape a small amount of chicken around each ball of butter. Ensure the ball is completely covered in chicken mince.
- Roll into breadcrumbs.
Cooking in the airfryer: Drizzle each ball with a little olive oil. Cook for 12 minutes at 200 degrees.
Cooking in the oven: Bake for 30 minutes at 180 degrees.
Shallow fry: Cook over medium to hot heat in 1cm of oil, turning often, for 4 minutes each side or until cooked.
For Thermomix instructions please visit http://www.trtlmt.com.au/mini-chicken-kiev-bites/
Recipes compiled by Peta – www.trtlmt.com.au