POPCORN CHICKEN & SWEET SLAW
Serves 2 big people or 4 little people!
- 100g Kelloggs Cornflake crumbs
- 50g Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 4 x chicken sausages
- 1 green apple, cored
- 1 carrot, peeled
- 200g red cabbage
- 2 x spring onions
- 2 TB Kewpie Mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius (fan-forced) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place crumbs and Parmesan in a large resealable bag. Close and shake well to combine.
- Cut the sausage at one end, open the bag of crumbs and squeeze a small amount of the filling into the crumbs. Repeat process – you should get about 5-6 popcorn ‘pieces’ out of each sausage. Seal crumb bag and shake to coat chicken in crumbs.
- Place popcorn chicken pieces onto baking tray and repeat with remaining sausages.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden and sizzling.
- Meanwhile, to prepare salad, finely chop or grate apple, carrot, red cabbage and spring onions either by hand or using a box grater or slicer.
- Place salad ingredients into a large bowl and add mayonnaise. Stir well to combine and serve with popcorn chicken.
Mumma Duck Says
These are super quick and easy to prepare and using a resealable bag makes cleaning up a breeze.
Kewpie mayonnaise is a Japanese condiment that can be found in the Asian aisle of your supermarket. It has a creamy, sweet taste that kids will love!