Somerville has a number of playgrounds. We visited Colchester Park, Conway Court. It features small forts, fireman’s pole, wobble bridge, climbing structures, circular monkey bars, see-saw, spinning cup and swings. There are three slides for different ages and skill levels, with the tunnel being a favourite with us.
This is a fantastic playground for those living in the area, however there is very limited parking. The small court was very busy at the time we visited, so we had to park on the main road, that was narrow and windy. This made it difficult to get children in and out of their carseats.
Other playgrounds in Somerville can be found at the following locations:
- Barber Reserve, Sullivan Drive
- Clairmont Close Reserve, Clairmont Close
- Deanswood Drive Reserve, Deanswood Drive
- Fruitgrowers Reserve, Jones Road
- Jones Road Reserve, Cnr Jones & Blacks Camp Road
- Somerville Recreation Reserve, South Park Lane
- Todd Grove Reserve, Todd Grove