A lovely nutty stuffing that doesn’t taste Indian as such but definitely has a complexity of flavour and textures that are really delicious and moreish.
- 1 packet The Spice Tailor Punjabi Channa Masala
- 1 rounded tbsp. butter
- ½ medium onion, finely chopped
- 1½ tbs chopped sage
- 50g dried cranberries
- 30g roasted cashew nuts
- 50g dry breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3-4 tbsp. water
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Grease and line a 1lb loaf tin with baking parchment.
- Cook the channa masala as per instruction until dry. Leave aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small frying pan, melt the butter and add the onions and fry until softened.
- Add the chopped sage and fry a further minute. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- In a bowl, add the cooled channa dal, onion mix, cranberries, cashew nuts, breadcrumbs and
- Mix together and add enough water to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into the loaf tin and bake in the oven for 25 – 30 minutes.
** Alternatively, can roll into small balls and bake for 10 – 15 minutes **