What is the SES telephone number?
- 132 500
Before you call the SES think about the following:
- The nature of your enquiry and whether the SES is appropriate for your needs
- Call triple zero (000) for fire and life threatening emergencies
- Call 132 500 for urgent property repairs that you cannot fix yourself
When you call the SES
Due to the high level of demand during a natural disaster people need to remain patient and be prepared to wait.
- Speak slowly and clearly
- Tell us exactly where to come
- All requests are prioritised by urgency
- Major structural damage will be attended to first
- Avoid clogging up emergency hotlines with unrelated requests
What will the SES help me with?
- Assisting with significant structural damage like collapsed roofs or ceilings
- Making temporary emergency repairs to homes and buildings
- Removing fallen trees that have damaged homes and cars
- Sandbagging areas in danger of flooding
- Pumping out flood water
- Rescuing trapped or injured people, and helping people relocate if they are in danger
What won’t the SES help me with?
- Clearing debris and organising permanent repairs
- Attending to broken fences, trees that have fallen on fences or if there is debris around your property or in your pool
- Basic repairs that you can manage yourself