Summer Beef Noodles
A satisfying salad full of fresh Asian flavours, vegetables and tender beef. Spice it up or ease it off depending on what you prefer.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
- 75g rice stick noodles (Pad Thai)
- ¼ Chinese cabbage, shredded
- ¼ purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, julienned
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 1 yellow capsicum, sliced
- 2 handfuls bean shoots
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 handful coriander, chopped
- 1 handful basil leaves, chopped
- 400g roast beef, thinly sliced
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 handful peanuts, toasted and chopped (optional)
- 6 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ¼ tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce (optional)
- ½ tablespoon honey (optional)
1 Place noodles in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Allow to soften according to the packet instructions (about 5–10 minutes), then drain and rinse with cold water. Drain thoroughly.
2 To make dressing, shake ingredients in a jar until combined. Taste and adjust to your liking.
3 Mix cabbage, cucumber, capsicum, bean shoots, spring onion, coriander leaves and basil with the dressing in a salad bowl and toss. Add beef and noodles and gently toss to combine.
4 Sprinkle with chopped chilli and peanuts.
Jodie Blight | We’re all busy and want quick, healthy and delicious meals but sometimes just don’t have the time. Summer TABLE will inspire you to put variety and zest back into your mealtimes and with a free APP to create a shopping list on your phone, dinner will be ready in no time! And – you learn how to use leftovers in innovative new ways.
After years working as a company director in the finance industry, starting a family and moving half way around the world, Jodie Blight discovered her passion – creating healthy, easy and delicious family meals. “A fist pump from the kids is as good as a Michelin
star in my books.”