Makes 8 large Vol au Vents (or you could use mini ones for FUN treats!)
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 – 15 minutes
- 8 large vol au vent cases
- 425g tuna
- Kernels from one cob of corn
- 400g milk
- 50g butter
- 50g plain flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp dried onion flakes
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 Tbsp chives, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tray with paper.
- Place cases onto paper.
- Add butter to a saucepan over medium heat. Melt.
- Add flour and stir to combine. Cook, stirring constantly for 2 minutes.
- Add 50mls of milk. Whisk to form a thick paste.
- Add remaining milk, 100ml at a time, whisking constantly to avoid lumps.
- Add garlic powder, dried onions flakes, corn and nutmeg.
- Whisk constantly to avoid lumps or burning. Do not boil.
- Whisk until it thickens, about 4-8 minutes.
- Once thickened, add parsley and tuna.
- Pour into cases and
- Spoon mixture into Vol au Vents.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until tuna mixture is hot and cases are warmed through.
- Sprinkle with chopped chives and serve with salad or steamed vegetables.
Family friendly: Serve the tuna sauce with 2 cups of cooked mixed vegetables stirred through and over pasta for a budget friendly version that feeds a large family.
For Thermomix instructions please visit http://www.trtlmt.com.au/tuna-vol-au-vents/
Recipes compiled by Peta – www.trtlmt.com.au