- 3 x A5 pieces of paper
- popsicle sticks
- loom band
*We bought bigger popsicle sticks to try, but regular ones would also work perfectly and make the fan a bit more compact for tinier hands.
WHAT TO DO
- Stylise your pieces of paper, if you wish, by drawing, stencilling or stamping a design.
- Mark 1cm spaces on back of paper for kids to use as a guide when folding.
- Accordion fold each piece of paper.
- Using a glue stick, hot glue, or PVA, adhere each fan piece together until you have one seam left.
- Glue a popsicle stick to each side. (We used PVA and allowed to dry for a few minutes with loom band around to hold in place.)
- Use a loom band to keep your fan closed when not in use, and to keep the stick together when the fan is open.