Prep Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 5 mins
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons buckwheat flour
- pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon butter
- ½ tablespoon honey or maple syrup (optional)
- 1 tablespoon yoghurt (optional)
- berries (optional)
- In a small bowl, mash the banana with a fork. Add egg, flour and cinnamon to the banana and whisk together.
- Heat a crepe pan or small frying pan over medium heat. Add a small amount of butter and drop large tablespoon size dollops of batter into the pan.
- Cook for about 1 minute then flip and cook for a further 30 seconds until the other side is cooked. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil until you are ready to serve.
- Continue making the rest of the mixture, adding more butter as needed.
- Serve drizzled with honey, berries and a dollop of yoghurt.
With so many of our Peninsula families affected by gluten intolerance and coeliac disease, we have decided to focus on recipes which can be enjoyed by GF and non-GF alike.
Jodie Blight has developed an amazing new App which enables you to scan the recipe from Peninsula Kids Magazine to create a shopping list on your phone. All in the name of making dinner time easier.
Endorsed by Coeliac Australia so you have peace of mind that every recipe is 100% gluten free.
Download the recipeezi Gluten Free App from the App Stores (it’s FREE), use the App to scan the recipe QR code and voila, your shopping list awaits!