- 150g butter, cubed & softened
- 100g raw sugar
- 20g Chai latte powder
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds only (or use 1 tsp vanilla bean paste)
- 1 egg
- 170g plain flour
- 80g self raising flour
- 40g raw cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 75g icing sugar, sifted
- Preheat oven to 180°C (fan-forced) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar, chai powder and vanilla with electric beaters until smooth and incorporated.
- Add egg and beat until just incorporated.
- Add flour and raw cacao powder and stir until well combined. The mixture will become quite difficult to mix – at this point bring together into a dough with your hands.
- Place icing sugar in a separate shallow bowl.
- Roll heaped tablespoons of the cookie dough into balls and then flatten slightly in the palm of your hand. Coat each cookie in a generous coating of icing sugar and place on tray, approximately 4-5 cm apart.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
Mumma Duck Says …
Use your favourite hot drink flavours to inspire your baking! Chai spice, drinking chocolate, instant coffee and flavoured teas can all infuse interesting flavours.