A quintessential summer salad – light, fresh and so very quick! White nectarines are my favourite but you could choose the yellow variety or a mix of both. For something different try using apricots or peaches.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
- 4 handfuls mixed lettuce
- 1 avocado, cut into cubes
- 4 nectarines, cut into wedges
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- 600 g cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 handful basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons white condiment (white balsamic vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- Arrange lettuce, avocado, nectarine wedges and red onion on a salad platter or individual plates. Top with chicken.
- To make dressing, shake ingredients in a jar until combined. Taste and adjust to your liking. Pour over salad and gently toss together. Sprinkle with basil and serve.
Tip: White Condiment is also known as White Balsamic Binegar or Condimento Bianco Italiano and is found in the vinegar section of the supermarket.
Jodie Blight | We’re all busy and want quick, healthy and delicious meals but sometimes just don’t have the time. Summer TABLE will inspire you to put variety and zest back into your mealtimes and with a free APP to create a shopping list on your phone, dinner will be ready in no time! And – you learn how to use leftovers in innovative new ways.
After years working as a company director in the finance industry, starting a family and moving half way around the world, Jodie Blight discovered her passion – creating healthy, easy and delicious family meals. “A fist pump from the kids is as good as a Michelin star in my books.”