Prep time: 10 minutes
This sweet treat is a delicious variation using our Vanilla “Hug in a Mug” mug cake mix. Tasting just like a traditional cinnamon teacake, enjoy on its own or top with simple cream cheese icing for a very decadent low-carb treat. Perfect to share as no-one will guess it’s low-carb and sugar-free and you can rest assured that all the ingredients in this yummy mug cake support good health! (Also note – Mug cakes can be baked in an oven if preferred on moderate temp for 15-20 minutes in ovenproof mug or ramekin).
- 1 pack Vanilla “Hug in a Mug” Mix
- 2 tblsp butter (or coconut oil/ghee)
- 2 large eggs, beaten (70g, room temperature)
- 2 tsp cinnamon (plus extra cinnamon for decoration on top)
- 1 tblsp natvia (or similar granulated sugar-free sweetener)
- Cream cheese icing
- 30g cream cheese
- 1 tsp natvia (or similar granulated sugar-free sweetener)
- Place 1 tblsp butter (or coconut oil/ghee) in each standard size mug and melt in microwave 30-60 seconds.
- Pour half pack of mug cake mix into each mug then add one egg into each mug (half a pack is approx. 40g or ¼ cup mix).
- Stir really well to combine wet and dry ingredients.
- In a separate small cup or bowl, mix together cinnamon and natvia.
- Spread approx. ¾ of cinnamon/natvia mix evenly over top of each mug cake then use a skewer to swirl the spices through the mix until partially combined. Pour remaining ¼ of cinnamon mix on top of cakes.
- Microwave one mug at a time for 90 seconds. Let each cake rest for a few minutes then turn onto plate, cakes will be hot. Invert cakes so top is back on top.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes then top with cream cheese icing and extra cinnamon.
- Cream cheese icing – place cream cheese and natvia in small cup or bowl and microwave for 10-20 seconds until softened. Stir together well.
With a background as a food writer and cookbook author, Linda Martinucci has spent the last 15 years following nutrition studies and medical research aimed at the best way to fuel our bodies for optimal health.
In 2017, Linda made the decision to overhaul her eating style and was amazed at how much better she felt by simply reducing carbohydrates and increasing healthy fats. Taking her husband, David, on the journey with her, he not only experienced weight loss, but had energy he never thought possible, and all inflammatory aches and pains disappeared.
One key to successfully transitioning to this new lifestyle was being able to indulge in favourite desserts from time to time, particularly at family celebrations.
Every Simply Swap Foods ingredient has been carefully selected for good nutrition and health benefits; Linda doesn’t compromise when it comes to your health. With these products and recipes, you really can indulge yourself and feel great too!