Let’s go to the Circus!
This craft activity could be a fun thing for the
kids to do at your ‘Circus’ themed party!
- piece of paper
- 19 strips of different coloured paper – 135mm long (a few of these will be cut shorter for tent peak)
- 1 black triangle for entrance
- 1 black strip cut in zigzag
- 1 purple triangle for flag on top plus 8 small purple triangles for flags from string
- 2 pieces of string – 130mm
- 1 strip of blue paper for sky
- 1 strip of green paper for grass
What to do:
- Start by laying your strip of sky down at the top of the paper.
- Now arrange the vertical strips for the tent from the middle of the page working outward (11 strips wide).
- Glue triangle tent opening onto middle of vertical strips.
- Lay strip of ‘grass’ over the bottom of the strips aligned with bottom of paper.
- Construct the roof of the tent working from outside in. The strips of paper will need to be smaller as you go. (4 on each side).
- Add the zig-zag black paper across tent to cover up the tops of the vertical strips.
- Top tent with purple flag.
- Glue strings down from edges of roof onto the grass. Add small purple flags to the string.