This recipe is super easy and perfect for a low-carb breaky plate or dinner. A good alternative to bacon when looking to accompany eggs plus cooked burgers freeze really well and can be reheated easily in the microwave.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Serves: 15 (approx 45g)
- 500g pork mince
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup fresh sage, chopped finely
- ¼ cup fresh chives, chopped finely
- 125g cream cheese, broken into chunks
- Slices of tasty cheese (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Shortening of preference for frying – butter, coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil, ghee, lard
- Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and use wet hands to combine and squash cream cheese into mince. Don’t overmix as it works well to keep small lumps of cream cheese throughout mixture.
- Shape 45g size balls of mixture into burgers and put on a plate.
- Heat frypan with preferred shortening and add burgers to pan.
- Cook until browned and firm on one side then flip and continue to cook other side until golden brown.(Cheese option – place half a slice of tasty cheese on top of each burger and cover with frypan lid to melt in pan or alternatively microwave burger for 30 seconds to melt cheese).
- Remove from heat and serve.
After experiencing health problems three years ago, Linda changed to a low-sugar real food diet and was amazed at the results. Over a six month period, she easily lost 15kg of stubborn weight that she’d struggled with for decades, her energy levels improved to an all-time high and her mental clarity returned in abundance. Her husband joined her on this mission and also lost 20kg easily in 6 months and felt fantastic. One of the keys to their success was not feeling deprived of their favourite foods, especially cupcakes and porridge.
Linda launched her business “Simply Swap Foods” in November 2020 to help others on their journey to a healthier way of life. She loves sharing her recipes, story and knowledge about the benefits of reducing sugar and just eating real food. All Linda has done – with time and research – is ‘simply swapped’ some foods in her diet and she hopes to show others just how easy it can be and how fantastic you can feel. You really can indulge yourself and feel great too!
Check out the full product range at www.simplyswapfoods.com.au and follow Linda on her Facebook and Instagram pages for regular recipes and information. And don’t forget to download your free recipe eBook containing 16 favourite sugar-free/low-carb recipes.