Prep time: 15 mins Serves: 4
This easy weeknight meal is super fast and perfect for using up any remnants of veges that you have in your fridge. Much quicker than ordering takeaway, you’ll feel so much better filling up on real food ingredients!
- ½ red or green cabbage, chopped (400-500g)
- 275g pack Cleavers organic beef hot dogs (available at Coles and Woolworths)
- ½ tblsp onion flakes
- 1 tsp chicken stock powder (San Elk brand is great)
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 3 spring onions, chopped (green parts only)
- 1 tblsp extra virgin olive oil
- Ghee or butter for frying
- Slice each hot dog into 10-12 thick pieces.
- Heat large frypan and melt butter or ghee then stir-fry hot dog pieces until brown and slightly crisp on each side. Remove from pan.
- Add shredded cabbage to pan along with some more ghee/butter and fry until wilted (can also add extra veges at this point eg. grated zucchini, chopped mushrooms, chopped celery etc)
- Once vegetables are soft, add hot dog pieces back to pan along with onion flakes, stock powder and salt/pepper to taste.
- Fry together for a few minutes while turning well then remove from heat.
- Mix through olive oil and sprinkle top with chopped green spring onions before serving.
Recipe by Linda Martinucci, Simply Swap Foods