- PAPER PLATE
- HOLE PUNCH
- STICKY TAPE
WHAT TO DO:
1. Cut the inside part of your paper plate out so that you’re left with a ring.
2. Use the punch to put holes in the ring – spaced apart. (Note: we didn’t measure perfectly and think it looks great!)
3. Cut a measure of yarn and start from underneath the ring taping the end of the yarn down.
4a. Weave the yarn back and forth being careful not to go over the outside of the ring, but keeping the weaves to the inside.
4b. Add a bead very now and then. (Pull yarn tight – but not too tight or the edged of the ring will curl.) When finished weaving, sticky tape end down underneath.
5. If you choose, wrap yarn, (not to tightly), around entire outside of ring affixing ends with sticky tape. Alternatively, use textas or stickers to decorate the ring.
6. Cut 3 lengths of yarn, make a double knot at the end, and add beads, sequins, feathers or shapes.
7. Sticky tape the three ends to the back of the ring. (Just push the yarn to the side and tape underneath if you’ve wrapped the entire ring.)
8. To hang – add another shorter length of yarn to the top of the dream catcher.