Prep Time: 15 minutes
This unusually named recipe can be found in many places online and google claims it as their most popular low carb download. If you’re craving pizza in a healthier way, you’ve just found the answer. So similar to a traditional pizza base and these can also be made in bulk and stored in the freezer for future use.
- 170g mozzarella cheese, grated
- 85g almond meal flour
- 2 tblsp cream cheese
- 1 egg
- Pinch salt
- ½ tsp mixed dried Italian herbs
Preheat oven to 200°C and line a pizza tray, pizza stone or baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Place the grated cheese, almond meal and cream cheese in a medium size microwave proof bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Remove and stir then put back in to microwave on high for another 30 seconds.
- Add the egg, salt and herbs and mix gently until a dough ball forms.
- Take two sheets of baking paper and roll dough between them into desired pizza tray size.
- Using a fork, prick holes all over the base.
- Bake in oven for approx 15 minutes or until golden brown. Take care not to overcook as it browns quickly towards the end of cooking time.
- Remove from oven, flip base over and add any pizza toppings you like eg. sugo sauce, salami, mushrooms, olives, peppers, herbs and more mozzarella.
- Place back in oven for 5-10 minutes to heat up the toppings and melt the cheese until golden.
You can have your cake and feel great too!
Linda is very proud to introduce the range of Simply Swap Foods premix products which are here to help you on your low sugar/low carb journey. All of the products are low carb, keto friendly, sugar free, use premium real food ingredients and plant based sweeteners, have no artificial colours or flavours, no genetically modified ingredients, are pet friendly (no xylitol), super easy to prepare at home and taste great. Plus they are all made with love right here on the Mornington Peninsula.
Check out the range online at www.simplyswapfoods.com.au and follow Linda on her Facebook and Instagram pages for regular updates, photos and recipes. Also, to help everyone on their sugar free journey, Linda has created a free recipe ebook containing 16 favourite sugar-free/low-carb recipes which is available for download on her website.
Voluptuous Vanilla Cupcakes
Containing premium ground vanilla beans, these are so easy to prepare and are perfect for anyone wanting to minimise their sugar intake at family celebrations. Delicious on their own or top with cream cheese icing (recipe on website) or fold through some berries for extra indulgence.
Cheeky Chocolate Cupcakes
Containing pure organic cacao full of antioxidants, these are
a decadent dessert treat that look amazing on a dessert platter alongside fresh berries and whipped cream.
Perfect Porridge – Vanilla bean and Cinnamon
A delicious blend of flaxseed meal, chia seeds and sweet spices which can be enjoyed hot or cold any time of day. Add some whipped cream and berries for a very indulgent treat.
Perfect Porridge – Vanilla bean and Cacao
With lots of fibre from the flaxseed meal and chia seeds and antioxidants from the pure organic cacao, this blend is full of nutritious goodness and can be enjoyed hot or cold. Really yum topped with full-fat greek yoghurt and summer berries.
After changing to a low-sugar real food diet over 3 years ago and experiencing huge health improvements, Linda wanted to create some Australian-made products to help others on a similar journey. The biggest challenge she had at the start of changing to a low sugar eating style was finding an easy replacement for her beloved sweet treats, especially at family celebrations. Drawing on her background as a cookbook author and food writer, Linda spent many months in the kitchen fine-tuning the recipes that are used in these mixes. Please check out Linda’s website for more details and know that she’ll be doing a super happy dance every time someone places an order.