Prep time: 45 mins
No-one should have to miss out on favourite treats during holiday times! These cookies are yummy on their own or can be decorated with piped icing. If you can’t find powdered sweetener, use a granulated sweetener and blitz in Nutri-bullet (or similar) to create a fine powder.
- ¼ cup butter
- ⅓ cup Lakanto classic sweetener
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 cups blanched almond meal
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp ginger
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Icing – 1 cup Lakanto powdered icing sweetener,
- 1½ tblsp milk of choice, 1 tsp vanilla essence
Preheat oven to 170°C and line biscuit trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Beat butter and sweetener in a small bowl with electric mixer on low to medium speed until combined and fluffy. Scrape down sides of bowl and beaters periodically to combine well.
- Add egg and vanilla to mix and continue beating until combined, again scraping sides of bowl if needed. Mixture will be slightly lumpy.
- Place remaining ingredients in a separate bowl and stir to combine ensuring no lumps in mix.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and use large metal spoon to press together to a soft dough.
- Place dough between two sheets of non-stick baking paper and roll out to approx. 5mm thickness.
- Use cookie cutters to cut desired shapes then use a flat blade knife to lift shapes onto lined baking trays. Keep rolling out dough until all is used.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden.
- Cool slightly on baking trays before removing to wire rack to cool completely. Cookies may be soft when first out of the oven but will firm up once cooled.
- Once cool, decorate as required and store in an airtight container.
- Add all ingredients into a small bowl and combine gently until piping consistency is reached. If too thick, add small amounts of milk and if too thin add small spoons of extra sweetener.
- Place icing in snap lock bag, cut small opening in corner and use to pipe icing as required.
Recipe by Linda Martinucci, Simply Swap Foods.
All our products are:
*No seed oils or starches
*Super moist and taste amazing
*Really easy to prepare
*Created with love on the Mornington Peninsula