Give your Christmas Ham a fiery Goan glaze!
- 1.3kg gammon joint – soaked overnight to remove the extra salt
- 1 pkt Fiery Goan sauce
- 250ml water or chicken stock
- 2 tsp demerara sugar, plus ½ tsp extra for sprinkling
- 1 – 1 ½ tbsp. whole cloves
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Mix the fiery Goan sauces together and take ¼ out and mix with the 2 tsp of demerara sugar. Mix well and keep aside. With the remaining sauce, mix with the water or stock.
- In a roasting tin, place the gammon joint and pour the sauce/stock mixture over and cover with foil and place into the oven and cook for 1¼ hours. Remove from the oven and leave to sit for 10mins.
- Increase the oven heat to 200C.
- Using a small knife gently remove the skin of the gammon, and score the fat of the gammon into diamond shapes and glaze with the ¼ sauce mixture.
- Stud with the whole cloves in between the diamond edges.
- Sprinkling with the extra ½ tsp sugar all over the glaze.
- Place into the hot oven and cook for a further 30 -35 mins until the top is nicely glazed.