By Susie Burrell
Prep Time: 50 minutes | Serves: 24 Mini Cupcakes
- ⅓ cup Mayver’s Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp allspice
- 2 cups wholemeal plain flour
- 60g light creamed cheese
- 20g butter, softened
- Orange food colouring
- 12 Pretzel twigs
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees C. Grease a 24 mini muffin tray with butter.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the Mayver’s Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter and maple syrup with a whisk, then beat in the eggs. Mix in the pumpkin puree, milk, baking soda, vanilla extract, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice and a pinch of salt.
- Add the flour and stir through until just mixed, don’t over mix.
- Distribute the mixture between 24 mini muffin holes. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the top is golden and when a bamboo skewer inserted into a cupcake comes out clean.
- Remove the cupcakes to a wire rack and cool completely.
- To make the icing, beat together creamed cheese, butter. Add a few drops of food colour and mix, continue to add drops of colour and mixing until you have a pumpkin orange colour.
- Smear a heaped tablespoon of icing onto cooled cupcake with a butter knife and smooth out. Use the back edge of the knife to create 6 grooves from the middle of the cupcake to make the pumpkin look. Stick a pretzel twig into the middle of each cupcake to make the stalk of the pumpkin.
Mayver’s is an Australian family owned natural spread company. All Mayver’s natural spreads are vegan and contain absolutely no added oil, sugar, gluten, dairy, cholesterol or hardened fats and are nothing but goodness for your family.
Mayver’s products are available at Woolworths, Coles and independent retailers Australia-wide. For more information or recipe inspiration visit mayvers.com.au