These burgers are loved by all members of our family. The combo of haloumi with lemon and dill is a real winner! Can be served in a bun with other fillings or on a plate with salad.
Prep time: 20 mins
- 1 medium size zucchini, grated (250g)
- 1 cup white cabbage, finely chopped (100g)
- 250g haloumi, grated
- ¼ cup green stalks from spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tblsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tblsp lemon rind (approx 2 med lemons)
- ½ cup blanched almond meal
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shortening of preference for frying – butter, coconut oil, ghee, lard.
- Place all ingredients except eggs in a large mixing bowl and combine well.
- Add beaten eggs to mixture and fold together until incorporated.
- Heat frypan with preferred shortening and place large spoonfuls of mixture into pan to make burgers approx 8-9cm diameter.
- Fry burgers over medium high heat until golden brown on first side then flip to cook other side and flatten slightly with spatula.
- When browned on both sides, remove from pan and rest on absorbent paper.
- Continue adding large spoonfuls of mixture to pan, stirring mix each time before scooping out as mixture can separate.
- Enjoy immediately with green leafy salad and mayonnaise or cool before storing in airtight container in fridge or freezer.
Recipe by Linda Martinucci, Simply Swap Foods.
All our products are:
*No seed oils or starches
*Super moist and taste amazing
*Really easy to prepare
*Created with love on the Mornington Peninsula