- Create a ponytail at the nape of the neck and secure with an elastic band that you will cut off later.
- Split the ponytail into two even sections.
- Pull a 1cm strand of hair from the outside of the left section. Cross it over to the inside of the right side.
- Now pull a 1cm strand of hair from the outside of the right section. Cross this piece over to the inside of the left side.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 all the way down to the end of the ponytail. Secure the bottom of the braid with an elastic band.
- Remove the elastic band at the base of the neck by carefully cutting it off with scissors.
- Finish your braid by gently tugging it along the sides. This will loosen the braid to make it look perfectly undone.
Alternative: Make the first ponytail higher and leave the first elastic band in for a sleeker look.