Don’t be fooled by the healthy crust, this pizza is gourmet all the way. Say goodbye to the pizza delivery guy, you don’t need him anymore. Kids and adults alike will love this quick and easy pizza. Make double the tomato sauce and freeze extra for next time.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Tomato pizza sauce
- 400 g crushed tomatoes (1 tin)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 handful basil or oregano, chopped (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 2¼ cups spelt flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ tablespoon salt
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- extra spelt flour for kneading
- 400 g cooked lamb, shredded
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 100 g feta, crumbled
- olive oil
- 1 handful baby spinach leaves
- 4 tablespoons Greek yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons mint sauce
- 1 handful mint leaves, chopped (optional)
Place pizza stone (or tray covered with baking paper) in oven when cold and heat oven to 200°C for about 10 minutes while you prepare the dough.
To make tomato pizza sauce: Place tomatoes, garlic, herbs, salt and pepper in a small frying pan and boil on medium-high heat for 10 minutes, or until sauce thickens. Stir occasionally, then put aside.
To make the base:
- Sift spelt flour with baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl. Sift again to make sure the baking powder is mixed through evenly.
- Add yoghurt and olive oil and mix until the dough comes together.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Knead for 5-8 minutes, until elastic.
- Add more flour as you knead. It is ready when the top of the dough bounces back when pressed, leaving no indentation.
- Cut dough into quarters.
- On a lightly floured surface (ideally a wooden board so the dough doesn’t stick), roll to preferred thickness.
- Spread with tomato sauce, and then top with lamb, onion and feta.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil and transfer to hot pizza stone or tray in oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, mix yoghurt, mint sauce and chopped mint.
- When pizza is cooked, remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Drizzle with mint yoghurt and top with spinach leaves.
Jodie Blight | We’re all busy and want quick, healthy and delicious meals but sometimes just don’t have the time. Summer TABLE will inspire you to put variety and zest back into your mealtimes and with a free APP to create a shopping list on your phone, dinner will be ready in no time! And – you learn how to use leftovers in innovative new ways.
After years working as a company director in the finance industry, starting a family and moving half way around the world, Jodie Blight discovered her passion – creating healthy, easy and delicious family meals. “A fist pump from the kids is as good as a Michelin star in my books.”