A delightful collection of colours and flavours, ideal for a cooler evening when you feel like something warm. If time is of the essence, grill the vegetables instead of roasting, but you will need to keep an eye on them. Cook for 5 minutes each side.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 yellow capsicum
- 1 zucchini
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 250 g cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, in skins
- salt and pepper
- 100 g baby spinach leaves
- 600 g cooked lamb (warm), shredded
- 100 g feta, crumbled
- 1 handful basil leaves, torn
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, roasted (see above)
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Cut eggplant, capsicum, and zucchini into 2 cm pieces and then toss with onion and tomatoes in olive oil and arrange on a large baking tray together with garlic cloves. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook until tender but not too soft (about 20 minutes). Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly on tray.
- To make dressing, add vinegar, oil and mashed flesh from the roasted garlic cloves in a jar. Shake until ingredients are combined. Taste and adjust to your liking.
- On a large platter, scatter spinach and then add roasted vegetables. Distribute warm lamb evenly over the top.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss gently.
- Sprinkle with feta and basil.
Jodie Blight | We’re all busy and want quick, healthy and delicious meals but sometimes just don’t have the time. Summer TABLE will inspire you to put variety and zest back into your mealtimes and with a free APP to create a shopping list on your phone, dinner will be ready in no time! And – you learn how to use leftovers in innovative new ways.
After years working as a company director in the finance industry, starting a family and moving half way around the world, Jodie Blight discovered her passion – creating healthy, easy and delicious family meals. “A fist pump from the kids is as good as a Michelin star in my books.”