Prep time: 10 minutes
This popular tangy combination is delicious and so easy using my low-carb, low-sugar vanilla cake mix. This recipe will work with any citrus and any berry so feel free to use your favourites!
- 1 x pack Simply Swap Foods Vanilla Cupcake Mix
- 1 tbsp lemon rind, finely grated (tightly packed)
- ¾ cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- ½ cup salted butter, melted (125g)
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup preferred milk
Preheat oven to 170°C f/forced and line 12-hole muffin tray with paper cases.
- Pour entire cupcake dry mix contents into a large bowl and stir to mix well.
- Add lemon rind to dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Add blueberries to dry mix and mix through until berries are coated with dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together melted butter, lemon juice, eggs and milk.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and fold together gently.
- Pour mixture into lined muffin tray and bake for approx 35-40 mins or until cakes are golden brown on top and spring back when lightly touched in centre (or a skewer inserted into centre of cake comes out clean).
- Leave cakes in pan for 5 minutes before removing to cool on wire rack.
After experiencing health problems three years ago, Linda changed to a low-sugar real food diet and was amazed at the results. Over a six month period, she easily lost 15kg of stubborn weight that she’d struggled with for decades, her energy levels improved to an all-time high and her mental clarity returned in abundance. Her husband joined her on this mission and also lost 20kg easily in 6 months and felt fantastic. One of the keys to their success was not feeling deprived of their favourite foods, especially cupcakes and porridge.
Linda launched her business “Simply Swap Foods” in November 2020 to help others on their journey to a healthier way of life. She loves sharing her recipes, story and knowledge about the benefits of reducing sugar and just eating real food. All Linda has done – with time and research – is ‘simply swapped’ some foods in her diet and she hopes to show others just how easy it can be and how fantastic you can feel. You really can indulge yourself and feel great too!
Check out the full product range at www.simplyswapfoods.com.au and follow Linda on her Facebook and Instagram pages for regular recipes and information. And don’t forget to download your free recipe eBook containing 16 favourite sugar-free/low-carb recipes.