Everyone loves a lemon tart, and this one is easy and so very yummy!
Prep time 15 minutes
Cook time 30 minutes
Total time 45 minutes
- 250g sweet biscuits, e.g. Marie
- 125g butter, melted
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup lemon juice
- 1 cup cream
- icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 150°C.
- To make the base, place biscuits in the food processor and blend until very fine crumbs form. With the motor still running, pour in melted butter and mix to combine.
- Line the base of a 22 cm spring form cake tin (with a removable base) with greaseproof paper, then press biscuits into base and 3 cm up the side of the tin. Use a straight-sided glass or back of a spoon to help press biscuit crumbs into the pan, keeping thickness consistent. Place in fridge while you prepare the filling.
- Place sugar and eggs in a bowl and beat until light lemon colour (2 minutes), then add lemon juice and beat again. Finally add cream and stir through lemon mix to combine. Remove any bubbles that have formed on the top with a dessert spoon.
- Take crust from fridge and carefully pour filling into the base. Bake in the oven on the bottom shelf for 30-35 minutes or until firm on the edges and wobbly in the middle.
- Allow to cool and then refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
- Dust the top with icing sugar and serve with strawberries.