Nutty and sweet, serve with your favourite milk or full fat Greek yoghurt for a taste sensation. Great to prepare ahead for breakfast on the run and really yum with fresh berries on top!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Serves: 16 (approx 40g)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup flaked almonds
- 1/3 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/3 cup pepitas
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup natvia (or similar granulated sweetener)
- 80g macadamias, roughly chopped
- 50g walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
Preheat oven to 160°C and grease and line large biscuit trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in large bowl.
- Add coconut oil and vanilla essence to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Spread mixture evenly over lined biscuit tray.
- Bake at 160 degrees for 10 minutes then remove from oven and turn mixture. Bake further 10 minutes then mix again. Bake further 5 minutes at a time, checking constantly until golden brown and toasted.
- Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
After experiencing health problems three years ago, Linda changed to a low-sugar real food diet and was amazed at the results. Over a six month period, she easily lost 15kg of stubborn weight that she’d struggled with for decades, her energy levels improved to an all-time high and her mental clarity returned in abundance. Her husband joined her on this mission and also lost 20kg easily in 6 months and felt fantastic. One of the keys to their success was not feeling deprived of their favourite foods, especially cupcakes and porridge.
Linda launched her business “Simply Swap Foods” in November 2020 to help others on their journey to a healthier way of life. She loves sharing her recipes, story and knowledge about the benefits of reducing sugar and just eating real food. All Linda has done – with time and research – is ‘simply swapped’ some foods in her diet and she hopes to show others just how easy it can be and how fantastic you can feel. You really can indulge yourself and feel great too!
Check out the full product range at www.simplyswapfoods.com.au and follow Linda on her Facebook and Instagram pages for regular recipes and information. And don’t forget to download your free recipe eBook containing 16 favourite sugar-free/low-carb recipes.