Prep time: 10 minutes
This meat based pizza style dish is super quick and easy for family meals. Very versatile, add whichever toppings you enjoy on pizza and serve with a green salad and mayo (easy mayo recipe on my website). This is a deliciously healthy and filling meal the whole family will love.
- 1kg beef mince
- 1 egg
- 2 tblsp dried Italian herb mix (plus extra for top)
- ½ cup pizza sauce (or more to taste)
- Pizza toppings of choice finely chopped onions, mushrooms, salami, ham, olives, anchovies etc.
- 350g shredded mozzarella cheese (or more to taste)
Preheat oven to 180ºC and grease and line a baking tray or dish (approx 32 x 22cm) with baking paper.
- Put mince in a large bowl with egg and Italian herbs.
- Mix together well using large spoon or hands (I have a box of food-grade gloves which are great to wear while mixing any mince meat recipes).
- Once mixture is combined well, take chunks of mixture and press evenly into baking dish. Use the back of a large spoon to smooth out top and ensure thickness is fairly even.
- Spread top of mince with pizza sauce.
- Add your selected pizza toppings then sprinkle top with mozzarella cheese and some more Italian herbs.
- Bake for 35-40 mins or until meat is cooked through and top is golden brown and bubbly. The mince will shrink a little from the sides of the baking dish.
After experiencing health problems three years ago, Linda changed to a low-sugar real food diet and was amazed at the results. Over a six month period, she easily lost 15kg of stubborn weight that she’d struggled with for decades, her energy levels improved to an all-time high and her mental clarity returned in abundance. Her husband joined her on this mission and also lost 20kg easily in 6 months and felt fantastic. One of the keys to their success was not feeling deprived of their favourite foods, especially cupcakes and porridge.
Linda launched her business “Simply Swap Foods” in November 2020 to help others on their journey to a healthier way of life. She loves sharing her recipes, story and knowledge about the benefits of reducing sugar and just eating real food. All Linda has done – with time and research – is ‘simply swapped’ some foods in her diet and she hopes to show others just how easy it can be and how fantastic you can feel. You really can indulge yourself and feel great too!
Check out the full product range at www.simplyswapfoods.com.au and follow Linda on her Facebook and Instagram pages for regular recipes and information. And don’t forget to download your free recipe eBook containing 16 favourite sugar-free/low-carb recipes