Prep time: 20 minutes
A delicious finale to any dinner party which no-one will guess is low carb and refined sugar free!
- 1½ cups almond meal flour
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 large egg, lightly whisked
- ¼ cup natvia
- Pinch salt
- 50g dark chocolate, min. 70% cocoa
- ½ cup pure cream
- ¼ cup natvia
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 100g cream cheese, softened
Preheat oven to 160°C and use butter/cooking spray to grease 24-hole mini muffin tray.
- Mix all tart case ingredients in a medium size bowl until they form a dough ball.
- Take spoonful of mixture and roll into small balls then press into well greased muffin pan to form the tart cases, ensuring the sides and bottom are of even thickness.
- Use a fork to prick some holes in the side and bottom of cases.
- Bake in middle of preheated oven 15 mins or untilgolden. Cool on wire rack while making filling.
- Melt chocolate by breaking into pieces and placing in microwave-safe bowl on high for 1 minute. Remove and stir. If not fully melted, microwave further 30 secs at a time if needed.
- Place cream, natvia and vanilla in separate medium bowl and use hand beater to beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Turn beater to low and gradually add chunks of softened cream cheese. Continue beating until combined and smooth, scraping down sides of bowl to incorporate.
- Add melted chocolate to mixture and beat together on low speed, scraping down sides of bowl to incorporate fully.
- Spoon tablespoons of chocolate filling into tart cases and enjoy immediately or refrigerate for an hour to firm up prior to serving with fresh berries on top.
You can have your cake and feel great too!
Linda is very proud to introduce the range of Simply Swap Foods premix products which are here to help you on your low sugar/low carb journey. All of the products are low carb, keto friendly, sugar free, use premium real food ingredients and plant based sweeteners, have no artificial colours or flavours, no genetically modified ingredients, are pet friendly (no xylitol), super easy to prepare at home and taste great. Plus they are all made with love right here on the Mornington Peninsula.
Check out the range online at www.simplyswapfoods.com.au and follow Linda on her Facebook and Instagram pages for regular updates, photos and recipes. Also, to help everyone on their sugar free journey, Linda has created a free recipe ebook containing 16 favourite sugar-free/low-carb recipes which is available for download on her website.
Voluptuous Vanilla Cupcakes
Containing premium ground vanilla beans, these are so easy to prepare and are perfect for anyone wanting to minimise their sugar intake at family celebrations. Delicious on their own or top with cream cheese icing (recipe on website) or fold through some berries for extra indulgence.
Cheeky Chocolate Cupcakes
Containing pure organic cacao full of antioxidants, these are
a decadant dessert treat that look amazing on a dessert platter alongside fresh berries and whipped cream.
Perfect Porridge – Vanilla bean and Cinnamon
A delicious blend of flaxseed meal, chia seeds and sweet spices which can be enjoyed hot or cold any time of day. Add some whipped cream and berries for a very indulgent treat.
Perfect Porridge – Vanilla bean and Cacao
With lots of fibre from the flaxseed meal and chia seeds and antioxidants from the pure organic cacao, this blend is full of nutritious goodness and can be enjoyed hot or cold. Really yum topped with full-fat greek yoghurt and summer berries.
After changing to a low-sugar real food diet over 3 years ago and experiencing huge health improvements, Linda wanted to create some Australian-made products to help others on a similar journey. The biggest challenge she had at the start of changing to a low sugar eating style was finding an easy replacement for her beloved sweet treats, especially at family celebrations. Drawing on her background as a cookbook author and food writer, Linda spent many months in the kitchen fine-tuning the recipes that are used in these mixes. Please check out Linda’s website for more details and know that she’ll be doing a super happy dance every time someone places an order.