Prep time: 15 minutes
A super easy refined sugar free cake that’s delicious on its own or extra yum when topped with zesty cream cheese icing.
- 5 large eggs (65-70g)
- 1 cup butter, melted
- ½ cup natvia sweetener
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 4 medium carrots, grated
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- 2/3 cup shredded coconut
- 2 cups almond meal flour
- 1 tblsp coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tblsp mixed spice
Preheat oven to 180°C and grease and line 20cm round cake tin with non-stick baking paper.
- Place eggs in a large bowl and whisk together then stir in melted butter, natvia and vanilla.
- Add all other ingredients and combine well with large spoon.
- Pour into cake tin and bake for 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into centre comes out clean.
- Once cool, spread with zesty cream cheese icing and sprinkle top with extra chopped walnuts.
- Place natvia in a high speed blender (eg. nutribullet) to grind to a fine powder, similar to icing sugar consistency.
- Using electric hand beater, mix softened cream cheese and butter in medium sized bowl until smooth and combined.
- Add powdered natvia in batches and blend on low speed until combined well, scraping down sides of bowl where necessary.
- Add citrus juice and zest and continue beating until well combined.
You can have your cake and feel great too!
Linda is very proud to introduce the range of Simply Swap Foods premix products which are here to help you on your low sugar/low carb journey. All of the products are low carb, keto friendly, sugar free, use premium real food ingredients and plant based sweeteners, have no artificial colours or flavours, no genetically modified ingredients, are pet friendly (no xylitol), super easy to prepare at home and taste great. Plus they are all made with love right here on the Mornington Peninsula.
Check out the range online at www.simplyswapfoods.com.au and follow Linda on her Facebook and Instagram pages for regular updates, photos and recipes. Also, to help everyone on their sugar free journey, Linda has created a free recipe ebook containing 16 favourite sugar-free/low-carb recipes which is available for download on her website.
Voluptuous Vanilla Cupcakes
Containing premium ground vanilla beans, these are so easy to prepare and are perfect for anyone wanting to minimise their sugar intake at family celebrations. Delicious on their own or top with cream cheese icing (recipe on website) or fold through some berries for extra indulgence.
Cheeky Chocolate Cupcakes
Containing pure organic cacao full of antioxidants, these are
a decadent dessert treat that look amazing on a dessert platter alongside fresh berries and whipped cream.
Perfect Porridge – Vanilla bean and Cinnamon
A delicious blend of flaxseed meal, chia seeds and sweet spices which can be enjoyed hot or cold any time of day. Add some whipped cream and berries for a very indulgent treat.
Perfect Porridge – Vanilla bean and Cacao
With lots of fibre from the flaxseed meal and chia seeds and antioxidants from the pure organic cacao, this blend is full of nutritious goodness and can be enjoyed hot or cold. Really yum topped with full-fat greek yoghurt and summer berries.
After changing to a low-sugar real food diet over 3 years ago and experiencing huge health improvements, Linda wanted to create some Australian-made products to help others on a similar journey. The biggest challenge she had at the start of changing to a low sugar eating style was finding an easy replacement for her beloved sweet treats, especially at family celebrations. Drawing on her background as a cookbook author and food writer, Linda spent many months in the kitchen fine-tuning the recipes that are used in these mixes. Please check out Linda’s website for more details and know that she’ll be doing a super happy dance every time someone places an order.