Use our versatile porridge mixes to make fast low-carb healthy pancakes which will fill you up for hours with nutritious flaxseed meal and chia seeds! These can be made in bulk and frozen in layers in an airtight container (use baking paper between each layer to separate easily). Both varieties of porridge work beautifully in this recipe so choose between vanilla bean and cinnamon or vanilla bean and cacao which can be ordered on our website.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Serves: 8 (medium size)
- ½ cup Perfect Porridge mix (80g)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup coconut milk (or other preferred milk)
- Shortening of preference for frying – butter, coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil, ghee, lard
- Place all ingredients into a medium bowl and whisk together until smooth.
- Rest mixture for 5-10 minutes to thicken slightly.
- Melt shortening in heated non-stick frying pan and pour spoonfuls of mixture (approx 10cm rounds) into hot pan. The smaller they are, the easier they are to flip without breaking.
- Wait until pancake looks firm then flip to other side. Cook on second side a few more minutes then remove from heat.
- Melt extra shortening in pan before each new batch (if needed) and turn heat down so they cook well without burning. Continue until all mixture is used.
- Serve topped with whipped cream/coconut cream, warmed fresh berries and chopped nuts. Sugar free maple syrup is a yummy addition on top also!
After experiencing health problems three years ago, Linda changed to a low-sugar real food diet and was amazed at the results. Over a six month period, she easily lost 15kg of stubborn weight that she’d struggled with for decades, her energy levels improved to an all-time high and her mental clarity returned in abundance. Her husband joined her on this mission and also lost 20kg easily in 6 months and felt fantastic. One of the keys to their success was not feeling deprived of their favourite foods, especially cupcakes and porridge.
Linda launched her business “Simply Swap Foods” in November 2020 to help others on their journey to a healthier way of life. She loves sharing her recipes, story and knowledge about the benefits of reducing sugar and just eating real food. All Linda has done – with time and research – is ‘simply swapped’ some foods in her diet and she hopes to show others just how easy it can be and how fantastic you can feel. You really can indulge yourself and feel great too!
Check out the full product range at www.simplyswapfoods.com.au and follow Linda on her Facebook and Instagram pages for regular recipes and information. And don’t forget to download your free recipe eBook containing 16 favourite sugar-free/low-carb recipes.