- Popsicle sticks (around 50)
- Empty, clean, label removed soup can
- PVA glue and paint brush
- Masking tape
- Rubber bands
- Washi tape/wooden shapes/paints/glitter/ribbons, stickers, for decorating (optional)
WHAT TO DO:
- Paint a generous amount of glue to one side of the popsicle sticks and attach them vertically, side-by-side around the can.
- Once the can is covered, slip over a couple of rubber bands and allow some drying time.
- While the can is drying, lay 12 popsicle sticks down and run a couple of pieces of masking tape over them to secure. Do the same for a set of 10 popsicle sticks and secure with masking tape.
- Coat the back, (with the masking tape), of the set of 10 and secure it onto the top of the 12 piece set in the opposite direction, leaving an equal border around all sides.
- Remove rubber bands from can and decorate the holder. We used two bands of washi tape, but you could use a ribbon or stickers.
- Affix the can to the base of the holder with PVA glue. Also add a popsicle stick on its edge to three sides of the base. (This will create tray space where little objects won’t fall out.)
- Add additional details such as wooden shapes to personalise your desk caddy.
- Fill your desk caddy with pens, pencils, crayons, and all of your other bits and bobs!