A scrumptious way of using excess roast vegetables. The orange colour in the roast vegetables offers a striking contrast against the green of the salad and the white of the cheese. Just delicious! For something different, try adding a sliced avocado.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 2 minutes
Total time: 5 minutes
- 200g roast vegetables (carrots, pumpkin, sweet potato)
- 2 handfuls pine nuts or sunflower kernels, toasted
- 4 handfuls mixed salad leaves
- 20 kalamata olives, halved
- 100g goat’s cheese or feta
- ½ tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white condiment (white balsamic vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ tablespoon maple syrup
- salt and pepper
- Warm roast vegetables. Place handful of pine nuts or sunflower kernels on a tray under a medium grill for a few minutes and toast until light brown. Keep an eye on them.
- To make dressing, shake ingredients in a jar until combined. Taste and adjust to your liking.
- Arrange lettuce leaves, roast vegetables and olives on a large platter. Pour dressing over salad and toss gently.
- Top with crumbled cheese and toasted pine nuts or sunflower kernels.
If you don’t have any leftover roast vegetables, roast your favourite orange vegetables for 20 minutes or so.
Jodie Blight | We’re all busy and want quick, healthy and delicious meals but sometimes just don’t have the time. Summer TABLE will inspire you to put variety and zest back into your mealtimes and with a free APP to create a shopping list on your phone, dinner will be ready in no time! And – you learn how to use leftovers in innovative new ways.
After years working as a company director in the finance industry, starting a family and moving half way around the world, Jodie Blight discovered her passion – creating healthy, easy and delicious family meals. “A fist pump from the kids is as good as a Michelin star in my books.”