Planning your Science Themed Party
- Contact thescienceshed.com.au to book in a date for your budding scientists’ party. They bring the lab coats, protective eyewear and awesome experiments.
- Arrange some science-themed yummy treats by a local custom cake maker, such as customcakesbytinaayer.com.au
- Get the vibe going by creating a science-themed music playlist – or borrow ours on Spotify! Its’s called Science Party! (See below).
- Print off periodic table element symbols to make words. We used the words FUN, PLaY, and GeNIUS.
- Orbeez (water beads) in tall vases or bowls make great looking decorations, and they’re a super fun sensory activity.
- Replace the labels on water bottles with ‘This H2O belongs to’ labels. You can download and print your labels HERE!
- Instead of loads of lollies in the goody bags, send the scientists home with a take home experiment such as mentos and cola (pictured) or a few glow bracelets. Download and print out take home experiment here – : EXPERIMENT and LABELS!
- Make petri dishes with bacteria growing out of jelly and sprinkles or hundreds and thousands.
First published in Peninsula Kids – Autumn 2019