Whether you have Easter chocolate to use up or want to entertain the kids this school season, this is the recipe for you. These easy-to-make bites require only pantry ingredients and are a great homemade gift, simply pop them in cellophane bags and tie with ribbon! You could also swap out Oreos for any other biscuits you may have at home.
- 400g Cadbury Dream Chocolate
- 1 x 397g tin of sweetened condensed milk
- 14 Oreo cookies, crushed into small chunks
- Silicone Easter chocolate moulds, $3 each from BIG W
- Easter Cello gift bags (if you’re giving as gifts), $2 each at BIG W
- Put the white chocolate in a heatproof bowl and pour in the condensed milk. Microwave on full power for 30 seconds. Remove and stir, heating for 20-second bursts at a time, until all the chocolate has melted and the mixture is thick and smooth.
- Spread half the crushed Oreos into your Easter silicone moulds. Allow the chocolate and condensed milk mixture to cool slightly before pouring it over the cookies, spreading it out evenly.
- Arrange the remaining Oreos on top and press them down with your fingertips. Smooth the surface using a knife dipped in boiling water so the top is flush with the moulds.
- Place the tray in the fridge for 4 to 5 hours to set. Pop out from the moulds and serve or wrap as beautiful homemade gifts. They have a wonderful fudge texture with a crunchy centre!