Prep Time: 10 minutes (plus 15 minutes to marinate)
This dish is really fast to prepare and enjoyed by the whole family. With a slightly sweet oriental flavour, this is on regular rotation in our house.
- ¼ cup soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- 2 tlbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1½ tblsp fresh ginger, grated
- 3 tsp fresh garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 500g boneless salmon fillet, skin on
- 1 tblsp sesame oil
- ¼ cup tomato sauce (low or no sugar)
- 2 tblsp lemon juice
- Shortening of preference for frying – butter, coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil, ghee, lard.
- Combine soy sauce (or aminos), rice wine vinegar, ginger, garlic, sesame seeds and fish sauce in a small bowl.
- Place fish fillets in small, flat container and pour marinade over top. Turn fish to other side to coat both sides with marinade.
- Cover and return to fridge to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat a fry-pan over medium high heap and add sesame oil to pan.
- Add fish skin side down and let cook until crisp, roughly 4 minutes depending on thickness.
- Pour marinade evenly over fish pieces then turn to cook other side, roughly another 4 minutes depending on thickness.
- Remove fish from pan and add tomato sauce and lemon juice to pan. Simmer for a few minutes to thicken.
- Spread glaze over fish to serve.
After experiencing health problems three years ago, Linda changed to a low-sugar real food diet and was amazed at the results. Over a six month period, she easily lost 15kg of stubborn weight that she’d struggled with for decades, her energy levels improved to an all-time high and her mental clarity returned in abundance. Her husband joined her on this mission and also lost 20kg easily in 6 months and felt fantastic. One of the keys to their success was not feeling deprived of their favourite foods, especially cupcakes and porridge.
Linda launched her business “Simply Swap Foods” in November 2020 to help others on their journey to a healthier way of life. She loves sharing her recipes, story and knowledge about the benefits of reducing sugar and just eating real food. All Linda has done – with time and research – is ‘simply swapped’ some foods in her diet and she hopes to show others just how easy it can be and how fantastic you can feel. You really can indulge yourself and feel great too!
Check out the full product range at www.simplyswapfoods.com.au and follow Linda on her Facebook and Instagram pages for regular recipes and information. And don’t forget to download your free recipe eBook containing 16 favourite sugar-free/low-carb recipes.