This is a favourite with our family. You may need to make double, as everyone always asks for seconds! You can still make this dish if you don’t have any leftover roast, just buy a cooked chicken from the shop. Too easy!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 0 minute
Total time: 10 minutes
- 100g vermicelli rice noodles
- 400g cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, julienned
- 1 carrot, julienned or grated
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 2 handfuls bean shoots
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 handful mint leaves, chopped
- 1 handful coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded, and chopped (optional)
- 1 handful peanuts, roasted and chopped
- 6 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped (optional)
- ½ tablespoon honey (optional)
- Place noodles in a bowl of boiling water. Allow to soften for 3–5 minutes, then drain and rinse with cold water. Drain thoroughly.
- To make dressing, shake ingredients in a jar until combined. Taste and adjust to your liking.
- In a large salad bowl, mix chicken, cucumber, carrot, capsicum, bean shoots, spring onion, mint and coriander leaves. Add dressing and toss to coat.
- Then add softened noodles and gently toss to combine.
- Sprinkle with chilli and chopped peanuts.
Jodie Blight | We’re all busy and want quick, healthy and delicious meals but sometimes just don’t have the time. Summer TABLE will inspire you to put variety and zest back into your mealtimes and with a free APP to create a shopping list on your phone, dinner will be ready in no time! And – you learn how to use leftovers in innovative new ways.
After years working as a company director in the finance industry, starting a family and moving half way around the world, Jodie Blight discovered her passion – creating healthy, easy and delicious family meals. “A fist pump from the kids is as good as a Michelin star in my books.”