The warm dressing is the star of this show, and you will love the combination of robust flavours. As blood plums are still available through until May, this is the perfect salad for when the weather is turning slightly cooler. If you don’t have leftover roast beef, you can still enjoy this salad with a steak cooked to perfection on the barbecue or using rare roast beef from the deli.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
- 4 handfuls rocket leaves
- 3 blood plums, thinly sliced
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- 400g roast beef, thinly sliced
- 50g goat’s or blue cheese, crumbled
- 100g plum paste*
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon white condiment (white balsamic vinegar)
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- In a salad bowl or on individual plates, arrange rocket leaves, blood plums and red onion. Scatter beef across the salad.
- To make dressing, put the plum paste in a heatproof jug or mug with water and microwave for 50 seconds or until melted. Then add vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Taste and adjust to your liking.
- Pour over salad and toss together and sprinkle with cheese.
*Tip – you can find plum paste in the deli or at the supermarket near the cheeses. (I like Maggie Beer plum paste)