Prep time: 10 minutes
Serves: 6 – 8
This recipe can be made super fast in a Vitamix or high speed blender. If you don’t have one, whisk it really well in a bowl to give your arm muscles a good workout!
- ½ cup almond meal flour (firmly packed)
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup coconut milk (or other preferred milk)
- ½ cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Butter for cooking in pan
- Place all ingredients except blueberries in your blender and mix until a thick batter forms. Alternatively, place in a large bowl and whisk until similar consistency is achieved.
- Mix blueberries through batter.
- Melt butter in heated frying pan and pour spoonfuls of mixture (around 10cm) into hot pan. The smaller they are, the easier they are to flip without breaking.
- Wait until pancake has lots of bubbles and looks firm before flipping. Cook on second side a few more minutes then remove from heat.
- Melt extra butter in pan before each new batch to ensure no sticking. Turn heat down so they cook well without burning.
- Serve with warmed berries and whipped cream/coconut cream plus add some sugar free maple syrup for even more indulgence.
You can have your cake and feel great too!
Linda is very proud to introduce the range of Simply Swap Foods premix products which are here to help you on your low sugar/low carb journey. All of the products are low carb, keto friendly, sugar free, use premium real food ingredients and plant based sweeteners, have no artificial colours or flavours, no genetically modified ingredients, are pet friendly (no xylitol), super easy to prepare at home and taste great. Plus they are all made with love right here on the Mornington Peninsula.
Check out the range online at www.simplyswapfoods.com.au and follow Linda on her Facebook and Instagram pages for regular updates, photos and recipes. Also, to help everyone on their sugar free journey, Linda has created a free recipe ebook containing 16 favourite sugar-free/low-carb recipes which is available for download on her website.
Voluptuous Vanilla Cupcakes
Containing premium ground vanilla beans, these are so easy to prepare and are perfect for anyone wanting to minimise their sugar intake at family celebrations. Delicious on their own or top with cream cheese icing (recipe on website) or fold through some berries for extra indulgence.
Cheeky Chocolate Cupcakes
Containing pure organic cacao full of antioxidants, these are a decadent dessert treat that look amazing on a dessert platter alongside fresh berries and whipped cream.
Perfect Porridge – Vanilla bean and Cinnamon
A delicious blend of flaxseed meal, chia seeds and sweet spices which can be enjoyed hot or cold any time of day. Add some whipped cream and berries for a very indulgent treat.
Perfect Porridge – Vanilla bean and Cacao
With lots of fibre from the flaxseed meal and chia seeds and antioxidants from the pure organic cacao, this blend is full of nutritious goodness and can be enjoyed hot or cold. Really yum topped with full-fat greek yoghurt and summer berries.
After changing to a low-sugar real food diet over 3 years ago and experiencing huge health improvements, Linda wanted to create some Australian-made products to help others on a similar journey. The biggest challenge she had at the start of changing to a low sugar eating style was finding an easy replacement for her beloved sweet treats, especially at family celebrations. Drawing on her background as a cookbook author and food writer, Linda spent many months in the kitchen fine-tuning the recipes that are used in these mixes. Please check out Linda’s website for more details and know that she’ll be doing a super happy dance every time someone places an order.