Prep time: 10 minutes
A super easy refined sugar free cake that’s delicious on its own or extra yum when topped with zesty cream cheese icing.
Perfect for when that chocolate craving hits you hard. Most mug brownie recipes I’ve found use egg so are quite light and can be a bit “eggy”. My version is dense and decadent and only takes 5-10 minutes to prepare in the microwave.
- 2 tblsp almond meal flour
- ½ tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 tsp natvia sweetener (or similar granulated sweetener)
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 2 tblsp coconut milk (or other preferred milk)
- Grease one large mug with lots of butter and cooking spray.
- Place all ingredients in your mug and stir well with fork or small whisk until well combined. Wipe down sides of mug if needed.
- Place mug in microwave on high for 90 seconds.
- Allow to cool when removed from microwave as brownie will be very hot.
- Eat straight from cup with cream/coconut cream or serve in a bowl with added berries or sugar free ice cream.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (fan forced).
- Grease a small ramekin with lots of butter and cooking spray
- Place all ingredients in a small mixing bowl and stir well with fork or small whisk until well combined.
- Pour mixture into small ramekin and bake for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool when removed from oven as brownie will be very hot.
- Eat straight from ramekin with cream/coconut cream or serve in a bowl with added berries or sugar free ice-cream.
You can have your cake and feel great too!
Linda is very proud to introduce the range of Simply Swap Foods premix products which are here to help you on your low sugar/low carb journey. All of the products are low carb, keto friendly, sugar free, use premium real food ingredients and plant based sweeteners, have no artificial colours or flavours, no genetically modified ingredients, are pet friendly (no xylitol), super easy to prepare at home and taste great. Plus they are all made with love right here on the Mornington Peninsula.
Check out the range online at www.simplyswapfoods.com.au and follow Linda on her Facebook and Instagram pages for regular updates, photos and recipes. Also, to help everyone on their sugar free journey, Linda has created a free recipe ebook containing 16 favourite sugar-free/low-carb recipes which is available for download on her website.
Voluptuous Vanilla Cupcakes
Containing premium ground vanilla beans, these are so easy to prepare and are perfect for anyone wanting to minimise their sugar intake at family celebrations. Delicious on their own or top with cream cheese icing (recipe on website) or fold through some berries for extra indulgence.
Cheeky Chocolate Cupcakes
Containing pure organic cacao full of antioxidants, these are a decadent dessert treat that look amazing on a dessert platter alongside fresh berries and whipped cream.
Perfect Porridge – Vanilla bean and Cinnamon
A delicious blend of flaxseed meal, chia seeds and sweet spices which can be enjoyed hot or cold any time of day. Add some whipped cream and berries for a very indulgent treat.
Perfect Porridge – Vanilla bean and Cacao
With lots of fibre from the flaxseed meal and chia seeds and antioxidants from the pure organic cacao, this blend is full of nutritious goodness and can be enjoyed hot or cold. Really yum topped with full-fat greek yoghurt and summer berries.
After changing to a low-sugar real food diet over 3 years ago and experiencing huge health improvements, Linda wanted to create some Australian-made products to help others on a similar journey. The biggest challenge she had at the start of changing to a low sugar eating style was finding an easy replacement for her beloved sweet treats, especially at family celebrations. Drawing on her background as a cookbook author and food writer, Linda spent many months in the kitchen fine-tuning the recipes that are used in these mixes. Please check out Linda’s website for more details and know that she’ll be doing a super happy dance every time someone places an order.