Discover joy in nature and celebrate Australian flora and fauna, as your kids reconnect with nature and the outdoors, through self-guided activities.
- Picnic and play – at the Woodland Picnic Area, a great family space with large open grasslands for ball games, a bicycle track, free barbecue facilities and a children’s playground.
- Wade – in the marked section of the Rockpool Waterway.
- Walk – through the untouched heathlands, wetlands and woodlands at Cranbourne Gardens, via a variety of walking tracks that suit different ages, abilities and fitness level. Wander up to Trig Point Lookout to take in the amazing views from the mountains to the sea. On a clear day you can see Mt Macedon, the You Yangs, Phillip Island and the city.
- Ride – the 6km Bicycle Track. This easy ride over gravelled paths is it perfect for cyclists of all ages and fitness levels. As you ride through the beautiful bushland, grassland and wetland areas look out for local wildlife including koalas, wallabies, echidnas and bandicoots.
- Discover – there are plenty of activities for the whole family happening at Cranbourne Gardens.
- Explore – and play as you head out into the garden. Can you find the weird and wonderful plants that look like they belong in the age of the dinosaurs?
- Awaken – your senses as you follow your nose through the Peppermint Garden discovering the many scented plants.
Bush Kinder is a rapidly growing movement in Early Childhood settings. Bush Kinder encourages exploring and facilitates multi-disciplinary learning through nature based activities where children are encouraged to use all their senses. If you would like to have your Early Childhood group use Cranbourne Gardens as an outdoor classroom, please speak with a member of our Learning team.
Early Childhood Programs
Nature provides inspiration for children’s creativity and imaginative play. Engage kids with the beauty of plants and wonders of nature through early childhood program led by one of Royal Botanic Gardens Learning Facilitators.
For more information about any of the self-guided activities, our programs and for bookings contact Cranbourne Gardens Visitor Centre (03) 5990 2200 or visit our website rbg.vic.gov.au
Open 9am – 5pm Daily (closed Christmas Day).
Find us on the corner of Ballarto Road & Botanic Drive Cranbourne (off South Gippsland Highway)
Melways Ref: 133 K10
Cranbourne: Ballarto Rd & Botanic Dr, Cranbourne