Prep time: 10 minutes
This is a much healthier version of a traditional sponge cake. So yum when filled with sugar-free berry jam and whipped cream, this cake has been included at many family celebrations and everyone loves it!
- 1 x pack Simply Swap Foods Vanilla Cupcake Mix
- ½ cup salted butter, melted (125g)
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup preferred milk
- ½ cup sugar-free berry jam (available at supermarkets or recipe on my website)
- 1 cup pure cream
- 1 tbsp natvia sweetener (or similar granulated sweetener)
Preheat oven to 170°C f/forced and grease and line 20cm cake pan.
- Pour entire dry mix contents into a large bowl and stir to mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together melted butter, eggs and milk.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and fold together gently.
- Pour mixture into lined cake pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until cakes spring back when lightly touched in centre (or a skewer inserted into centre of cake comes out clean).
- Leave cake in pan for 10 minutes before removing to cool on wire rack.
- Once cake is completely cold, use a long bread knife to cut horizontally in half.
- Spread jam evenly on bottom half of cake.
- Make whipped cream by placing cream and natvia in a bowl and use electric hand beater to beat until thickened. Spread whipped cream on top of jam then replace top layer of cake.
- Ice with dark chocolate icing (recipe below) and decorate with your choice of berries.
Simple Dark Chocolate Icing
- 80g dark chocolate (min. 70% cocoa)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Melt chocolate by breaking into pieces and placing in microwave safe bowl with coconut oil on high for 1 minute. Remove and stir. If not fully melted, microwave further 30 secs at a time if needed. Stir well once melted.
You can have your cake and feel great too!
Linda is very proud to introduce the range of Simply Swap Foods premix products which are here to help you on your low sugar/low carb journey. All of the products are low carb, keto friendly, sugar free, use premium real food ingredients and plant based sweeteners, have no artificial colours or flavours, no genetically modified ingredients, are pet friendly (no xylitol), super easy to prepare at home and taste great. Plus they are all made with love right here on the Mornington Peninsula.
Check out the range online at www.simplyswapfoods.com.au and follow Linda on her Facebook and Instagram pages for regular updates, photos and recipes. Also, to help everyone on their sugar free journey, Linda has created a free recipe ebook containing 16 favourite sugar-free/low-carb recipes which is available for download on her website.
Voluptuous Vanilla Cupcakes
Containing premium ground vanilla beans, these are so easy to prepare and are perfect for anyone wanting to minimise their sugar intake at family celebrations. Delicious on their own or top with cream cheese icing (recipe on website) or fold through some berries for extra indulgence.
Cheeky Chocolate Cupcakes
Containing pure organic cacao full of antioxidants, these are a decadent dessert treat that look amazing on a dessert platter alongside fresh berries and whipped cream.
Perfect Porridge – Vanilla bean and Cinnamon
A delicious blend of flaxseed meal, chia seeds and sweet spices which can be enjoyed hot or cold any time of day. Add some whipped cream and berries for a very indulgent treat.
Perfect Porridge – Vanilla bean and Cacao
With lots of fibre from the flaxseed meal and chia seeds and antioxidants from the pure organic cacao, this blend is full of nutritious goodness and can be enjoyed hot or cold. Really yum topped with full-fat greek yoghurt and summer berries.
After changing to a low-sugar real food diet over 3 years ago and experiencing huge health improvements, Linda wanted to create some Australian-made products to help others on a similar journey. The biggest challenge she had at the start of changing to a low sugar eating style was finding an easy replacement for her beloved sweet treats, especially at family celebrations. Drawing on her background as a cookbook author and food writer, Linda spent many months in the kitchen fine-tuning the recipes that are used in these mixes. Please check out Linda’s website for more details and know that she’ll be doing a super happy dance every time someone places an order.